Software Engineer (Prime Contract Opportunity – Fully Cleared)
Title: Software Engineer (Prime Contract Opportunity – Cleared)
About the job:
Fantastic Prime Contract Opportunity! We are seeking a passionate and innovative mid to senior software developer to join our team of 9 motivated and diverse individuals to work on a multitude of projects . The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, work well in an environment that has adaptable priorities, and should be able to produce timely deliverables along the common thread goal.
An ideal candidate will have hands on experience developing software over a host of technologies that include basic Linux shell scripting, search optimization tools such as ElasticSearch, rapid upstart technologies such as BootStrap, solid Java EE development with experience to include JMS, JAX-RS and JPA, Analytic and software agent development with Python, PIG or Hive. Candidates must be motivated to deep dive new technologies to produce rapid prototypes geared to update older technologies and contribute to a group learning culture.
- Agile Development Methodology
- JAVA 7 SE/EE (JPA, JAX-RS, JMS)
- REST and SOAP WebServices
- JBOSS WildFly
- Message Brokers (ie ActiveMQ)
- 14+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university required
- 4 years of additional Software Engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Clearance: Applicants must be U.S. Citizens possessing an active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph.
Our work typically includes the following desired capabilities:
- PIG or HIVE or MapReduce
- (SCM) tools and practices; using git or SVNt
Collaboration is the fusion of people and ideas toward a common goal; and at CollabraSpace it’s part of everything we do. It’s the foundation upon which Collabraspace was created, at the core of our corporate philosophy, and even represented in our logo where different pieces of one circle work together in synergy. As a technical services and product company, Collabraspace supports the critical mission of our nation’s security through ongoing collaboration with our team members, customers, and partners.
Across our 20+ programs we provide enterprise software development solutions and real-time collaboration to both government and private industry. CollabraSpace is headquartered in Annapolis Junction, MD, close to the majority of our work and therefore, close to you.
- Team. At CollabraSpace, we truly believe in the team. We’ll always do our best to find a position that makes you happy to go to work every day, support the charitable causes that are important to you, and encourage your involvement with the company by providing events for the whole family.
- Security. We offer competitive salaries but more than that, we make sure the salary we are offering you can be supported by multiple programs. Why is that important? See bullet #1; if you’re not happy we will do our best to find something that does make you happy.
- Benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package means you pay very little for a full suite of coverage.
- 100% company paid premiums for Health and Dental plans for employees and eligible dependents.
- 100% company paid Life & Disability plans.
- 401(k) & Roth plan with company contribution immediately vested.
- Annual bonus plan, spot bonuses for a job well done, and referral bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowing you to use your time off as you see fit.
- Formal education and training benefits.
- Transparency. You have heard it before but here you’ll truly experience it. The management team “puts it all on the table” and always has an open door.
- Training and Education. It’s part of our collaborative environment. Besides the traditional off-site training which we pay for upfront, CollabraSpace offers in-house Technical Exchanges on a range of topics presented by our own technical staff or industry partners.
- Honors. We earned the Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award for 4 years running and have been named to the Baltimore Sun’s Top 100 Workplaces 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016; an award given based on survey responses from our team members. We are consistently ranked as one of the Top IT Firms in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
CollabraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.