Linux/VMware Systems Administrator
Title: Linux/VMware Systems Administrator
About the job:
You will have the opportunity to develop cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. As part of a high visibility team, you will join dedicated professionals to maintain system availability and test out newer platforms on classified and unclass networks. You will be responsible for installing, operating and maintaining a heterogeneous environment consisting of servers running RedHat Linux, VMware ESXi, and Windows. There are separate development, testing, staging, and production environments. The servers are used to host enterprise web applications, and include Apache, Tomcat, Oracle, and MySQL. Network devices include routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, and Network Attached Storage (NAS). A full suite of FISMA compliant security and management applications are also included.
- The person qualified for this position should have previous experience installing operating and maintaining hardware and software that uses Linux and VMware ESXi.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years experience.
- Experience working on a modern virtualized network is required.
- Experience working in a classified environment is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of IT and the ability to further advance the Program’s technology.
- Clearance: Applicants must be U.S. Citizens possessing an active Top Secret security clearance.
Our work typically includes the following:
- Install, configure and update hardware and software.
- Operate and maintain all integrated systems to support mission operations.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
- Respond to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets.
- Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble calls.
- Respond to management system alerts.
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates.
- Respond to after-hours trouble calls.
- Support annual FISMA and NIST security requirements.
- Participate as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customer mission.
- Become familiar with other team responsibilities to enable acting as backup/augmentation as required
Location: Full-time position located in Vienna, VA.
About us: Collaboration is the fusion of people and ideas toward a common goal; and at CollabraSpace it’s part of everything we do. It’s the foundation upon which Collabraspace was created, at the core of our corporate philosophy, and even represented in our logo where different pieces of one circle work together in synergy. As a technical services and product company, Collabraspace supports the critical mission of our nation’s security through ongoing collaboration with our team members, customers, and partners.
Across our 20+ programs we provide enterprise software development solutions and real-time collaboration to both government and private industry.
- Team. At CollabraSpace, we truly believe in the team. We’ll always do our best to find a position that makes you happy to go to work every day, support the charitable causes that are important to you, and encourage your involvement with the company by providing events for the whole family.
- Security. We offer competitive salaries but more than that, we make sure the salary we are offering you can be supported by multiple programs. Why is that important? See bullet #1; if you’re not happy we will do our best to find something that does make you happy.
- Benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package means you pay very little for a full suite of coverage.
- 100% company paid premiums for Health and Dental plans for employees and eligible dependents.
- 100% company paid Life & Disability plans.
- 401(k) & Roth plan with company contribution immediately vested.
- Annual bonus plan, spot bonuses for a job well done, and referral bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowing you to use your time off as you see fit.
- Formal education and training benefits.
- Transparency. You have heard it before but here you’ll truly experience it. The management team “puts it all on the table” and always has an open door.
- Training and Education. It’s part of our collaborative environment. Besides the traditional off-site training which we pay for upfront, CollabraSpace offers in-house Technical Exchanges on a range of topics presented by our own technical staff or industry partners.
- Honors. We earned the Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award for 4 years running and have been named to the Baltimore Sun’s Top 100 Workplaces 2013, 2014, & 2015; an award given based on survey responses from our team members. We are consistently ranked as one of the Top IT Firms in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
CollabraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.