Mid Software Engineer (Cleared)
Title: Software Engineer – Minimum 7 years experience
About the job:
You’ve got the hot skills, the winning attitude and the clearance, but maybe your job doesn’t live up to your career goals? At CollabraSpace, you decide which project best suits your interests, talents, and ambitions. Our tasks run the full range from Proof of Concept studies and QRC oriented tasks to Enterprise level production systems with ten thousand + active users. We’re looking for those interested in learning. Really. We have smart people and informed customers, and working together and learning from one another creates success for everyone. Tell us what you like to do, chances are we have a program ready to reward your talents.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline. Additional equivalent experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Clearance: Applicants must be U.S. Citizens possessing an active TS/SCI security clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
Our work typically includes the following:
- Technologies such as Spring Framework, MySQL database, Tomcat and Restful Web Services development.
- Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users and system engineers. Analyze system flow, data usage and work processes and investigate problem areas.
- Design, code, test, debug and integrate new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Develop data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Implement and develop algorithms to meet and /or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Review, write and make recommendations for software and system documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Serve as the team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
Location: Multiple full-time positions located in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
Collaboration is the fusion of people and ideas toward a common goal; and at CollabraSpace it’s part of everything we do. It’s the foundation upon which Collabraspace was created, at the core of our corporate philosophy, and even represented in our logo where different pieces of one circle work together in synergy. As a technical services and product company, Collabraspace supports the critical mission of our nation’s security through ongoing collaboration with our team members, customers, and partners.
Across our 20+ programs we provide enterprise software development solutions and real-time collaboration to both government and private industry. CollabraSpace is headquartered in Annapolis Junction, MD, close to the majority of our work and therefore, close to you.
- Team. At CollabraSpace, we truly believe in the team. We’ll always do our best to find a position that makes you happy to go to work every day, support the charitable causes that are important to you, and encourage your involvement with the company by providing events for the whole family.
- Security. We offer competitive salaries but more than that, we make sure the salary we are offering you can be supported by multiple programs. Why is that important? See bullet #1; if you’re not happy we will do our best to find something that does make you happy.
- Benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package means you pay very little for a full suite of coverage.
- 100% company paid premiums for Health and Dental plans for employees and eligible dependents.
- 100% company paid Life & Disability plans.
- 401(k) & Roth plan with company contribution immediately vested.
- Annual bonus plan, spot bonuses for a job well done, and referral bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowing you to use your time off as you see fit.
- Formal education and training benefits.
- Transparency. You have heard it before but here you’ll truly experience it. The management team “puts it all on the table” and always has an open door.
- Training and Education. It’s part of our collaborative environment. Besides the traditional off-site training which we pay for upfront, CollabraSpace offers in-house Technical Exchanges on a range of topics presented by our own technical staff or industry partners.
- Honors. We earned the Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award for 4 years running and have been named to the Baltimore Sun’s Top 100 Workplaces 2013, 2014, & 2015; an award given based on survey responses from our team members. We are consistently ranked as one of the Top IT Firms in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
CollabraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Make a life at CollabraSpace, not just a living!